Customize your plan with Optional Upgrades: Transportation Pak, Lifestyle Paks - Active Family Pak, Adventurer Plus Pak, and Professional Pak
Protection Plan Highlights include:
· Pre-existing condition exclusion is waived if the Travel Select plan is purchased within 21 days of making your initial trip deposit.
· First Payer Coverage – No Deductibles means easy claims handling, less time and hassle to receive reimbursement for eligible losses from us first, with no deductibles. Funds may be recovered from your medical or other collectible insurance plans.
· Kids Included at No Additional Cost3 Children under age 21 are covered at no additional cost when accompanied by a covered adult family member; limit of 1 child per 1 adult.
· 10 Day Review Period If you are not completely satisfied within 10 days of purchasing this plan, Travelex will refund your premium cost, if you have not departed on your trip or filed a claim.
· Maximum Trip Length of 180 days
· *Receive all other base plan benefits including $1,000 in trip interruption coverage.
· For rates on trips costs above $10,000 please call 1-800-228-9792.
· Plan is available for purchase 24 months in advance of departure date.
· Maximum trip length allowed 180 days. For trips 31-180 days in length add $8 per day.
· Rates are subject to change.
For more information on the recommended plan or to enroll, click on the link below or contact Travelex Insurance Services at 800-228-9792 and reference location number 18-0038.
This plan provides insurance coverage for your trip that applies only during the covered trip. You may have coverage from other sources that provides you with similar benefits but may be subject to different restrictions depending upon your other coverages. You may wish to compare the terms of this policy with your existing life, health, home and automobile policies. If you have any questions about your current coverage, call your insurer, insurance agent or broker. The purchase of this plan is not required in order to purchase any other travel product or service offered to you by your travel retailers.
1Travel Assistance & Concierge Services are provided by the designated provider listed in the Description of Coverage. 2WA Residents Only: This benefit will provide coverage if you suffer a covered loss while on your covered trip within 365 days of the Accident. 3Please list accompanying children on the enrollment form. If child’s trip cost exceeds $10,000 or adult trip cost, a plan must be purchased for the child. This is a brief description of benefits. For a summary of the plan details on benefits, coverages, limitations and exclusions, refer to the Description of Coverage. Travel Insurance is underwritten by Transamerica Casualty Insurance Company, Columbus, OH; NAIC #10952. 1308434
Common Travel Insurance Misconceptions:
Health Care insurance
This is perhaps the most confusing area. Most people think they are covered if they already have existing health care insurance. Within the United States, that’s true. Outside the U.S., however, is a big IF. And in some cases, your insurance won't even cover you if you're traveling on a foreign-flagged vessel. This is a huge red flag, since most cruise ships, even those cruising U.S. waters, are not flagged in the U.S.
And in many cases, even if you are covered for basic emergency care overseas (again, a big IF), in almost all cases, your current health insurance does NOT cover you to evacuate you and repatriate you back to the U.S. This is where "Medical Evacuation and Repatriation" insurance comes into play. Also, if you’re in a foreign country, particularly a developing country, many hospitals will admit you without caring about coverage, but they won’t let you leave until you pay. Travel insurance can help facilitate payment, and act as an advocate so that you’re not overcharged because you’re an American. It is essential for anyone who travels.
Trip Cancellation and Interruption insurance
Nobody ever plans on having an accident, or getting sick, but if you or your traveling companion get sick and you miss your trip, you could lose up to 100% of the cost of your trip. Most Tour companies and Cruise Lines DO NOT waive penalties or extend future credit for cancellations due to death or illness. If you purchased Trip Cancellation and Interruption insurance you would apply for your refund through the insurance company.
Credit Card Coverage
If you book your trip on a credit card, you may think you are already covered trip cancellations and health care during your trip. But more often than not, your basic credit card coverage will be limited to flight accident insurance, rental car insurance or limited baggage insurance. Be sure to read your card's terms and conditions, or call your credit card provider's toll-free line for guidance.
For specific questions about each policy, please contact the insurance company. For questions about your trip or about travel in general, please contact us at:
CatholicJourneys.com strongly recommends that every traveler purchase optional travel insurance, which can provide a number of benefits including coverage for Trip Cancellation / Interruption and Medical Emergencies. Click here for more information.
For information on Vacations & Cruises please visit our sister site: www.JourneyToursAndCruises.com
Send mail to
questions or comments about this web site.